Walking down the road, the mysterious path,
All alone, down the path I thread
Walk with pace but the face keeps lengthen
I look back only to see that I haven’t walked fast
![]() |
| friends |
Ain’t my walk parallel to a snail
I wish for the time to go in a blink,
My journey swapping fast like a lightening speed in the sky
So I’ll get to my destination.
But the further I walk the longer the journey seems to get.
I’m weary, I’m exhausted, I’m tired.
My legs seem huge to life and so I drag them on behind me.
Down the lonely alley I walk.
Then out of the sides came two mysterious strangers
They walked beside me, they learnt my walking style and I learnt there’s
We began chitting and chatting, drugging alone charters of laughter
Soon a stroll turned to a walk, a walk to a jog, a jog into a race.
My journey of a thousand miles seemed to go on like a million thousand miles,
Because I was alone
But when my friends came alone, my companies, my fellow travelers,
Co-devils, partners in crime joined in my journey
Simplifying, easing and reducing the path.
A journey that seems very long alone
Will be like the wave of a wishing star in the sky
With your friends on the journey with you.
Poetry by temiloluwaoyelola
Quoted from book of quotes




Comments
Post a Comment
want to add anything, just comment in the message box, i'll sure go through it