buried under the rocks of lies (episode 9)


i began staying in the hostel, with my new best friend bidemi showing me how to live the hostel life, i asked her why they do not stay in the night and she told me that they always went to club, Sharon and i weren’t that close as it seemed that she envied me and David, whenever David came to see me i will notice her watching us from a distance, for as one week at the hostel, i saw no sign of the imitating brother, until one day that i was with bidemi in the school restaurant when Daniel walked in this time around he did not dress up to look like his brother but he was just himself and he came to the table that we were)
Daniel: hi tumi
me: (what the heck is he doing here) hey
Daniel: can i speak to you privately
me: no way (i said to him and i then pressed a message in my phone to David telling him that his brother was in my school)
Daniel: tumi please just away from this place, i wanna speak to you (he pleaded)
bidemi: (to me) come on tumi just hear him out
me: i have my reasons bidemi, just leave here Daniel
Daniel: it's alright (he said as he turned to leave , after he was gone i turned and faced bidemi)
bidemi: you know you were too harsh on him, you could have heard him out
me: bidemi i know that he is up to no good, besides david has warned me not to go near him
bidemi: OK oh (she said) but tumi you are very lucky
me: what do you mean
bidemi: i mean that David is in love with you and so is his twin brother
me: (i laughed) Daniel is not in love with me, he is only after ruining my relationship with David as he did with David’s first girlfriend
bidemi: i knew about Natasha but that girl caused everything upon herself, it was all her fault, she felt that she could be with the two brothers at once
me: why will anyone want to do that, why will she do that
bidemi: because David never at once touched her and the girl got h---y and let Daniel f--k her
me: what but she should not have done that, you know she could have waited for David to be ready
bidemi: David has never been ready, did you think Natasha didn’t wait for long, i mean they dated for four years and he never at once bleeped her
me: David does not believe in pre-marital s-x
bidemi: i don’t think so, i think he is just making excuses to cover up his insufficiency as a man
me: (i knew where this girl was heading too and i am not ready to listen any further) please bidemi i love David and for no reason will i like his brother (i said as i stood up)
bidemi: ah where are you going
me: i have a lecture in thirty minutes ( i said as i walked out of the restaurant but as i got out i saw Daniel standing beside his car, what is he still doing here, i tried to walk on but he walked and got to me)
Daniel: please tumi, am not asking for much
me: just leave me alone (i shouted at him but he just grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him)
Daniel: i asked for just a chance to speak with you and you cant give me that
me: listen to me Daniel, leave me alone, stop following me and stop interfering in my relationship with david (i said as i shook my arm off his grip and turned to go)
Daniel: but i will tell David about your past (i turned and faced him shocked)
me; what past? ( i asked shocked)
Daniel: mini the child s-x worker (he whispered into my ears and my heart started to beat faster, how did he know about me, how did he know about my past) mini the girl that has been f----d by several men since the age of thirteen (my heart raced in fear as tears clouded my eyes)
me: please stop ( i pleaded with him)
Daniel: is the truth hard for you to bear, have you forgotten so soon your past
me: how did you find out about that (i said with teary eyes)
Daniel: how i found out is none of your business, your business is that i will tell your boyfriend all about your past with proves
me: please Daniel do not (i said as the tear flowed freely down my eyes)
Daniel: i will keep this a secret if you do all that i tell you
me: what do you want
Daniel: i want to be your lover (he said and i looked at him with two shocked eyes, now it has happened Daniel is going to use my past to get to me, i cant afford him to tell David as he will never forgive me and at he same time i will lose him forever, now i have finally put myself in trouble, my past has caught up with me when i did not expect it too)

(no matter what I will not give in to Daniel’s demand)
Me: I will not be your lover
Daniel: (he laughs) are you ready to lose David, you love him so much don’t you
Me: yes I do but I will not be crazy enough as to allow you to blackmail me
Daniel: alright if that is your choice then I will go ahead and tell my twin
Me (I can’t let Daniel tell David, in fact I don’t even know what to do, but David must not find out from someone else about my past, I have to gather up courage and tell him, then I will plead with him to forgive me but I cannot be Daniel’s lover)
Daniel; what’s your decision
Me: I just can’t be your lover, ask for another different thing but not to be cheat on David
Daniel; it seems that you do not get what I am saying, I like you and I want you (he said) are you in or I should go and tell my brother about the b---h that you really are
Me: please give me sometime please to decide, I will do as you say but just give me time
Daniel: that great (he said as he came closer to me) I will not tell David but you only have till tomorrow morning to decide, anything later than that will mean David is gonna hear about it
Me; thank you
Daniel: I am watching you (he said as he walked away and I broke down in tears, how was I going to tell David all about me, how am I going to face him, is he going to forgive me or will he just leave me alone as he did with Natasha, a tap on my back brought me back to life and it was bidemi)
Bidemi: tumi what is wrong with you or rather what did Daniel say to you that made you cry
Me: I am in big trouble bidemi
Bidemi: what! (she exclaimed) what trouble
Me: it’s a long story (I said as I wiped my face)
Bidemi: alright lets go to the hostel and talk about it in private ok (she said and I nodded gently, we both walked back to our hostel and when we got to the room and bidemi made sure that no one could hear us, she asked me to tell her everything, and I told her everything about my past and how I am hiding it from David and to the fact that Daniel is blackmailing me)
Bidemi: you mean you kept all these from David
Me: yes! (I said as tears rolled down my cheeks)
Bidemi: you have to tell him, you have to tell david, you cannot give in into Daniel’s demands, he is blackmailing you but you can only stop him if you say the truth
Me: I know bidemi but I don’t know how to tell David about all these, he is never going to forgive me and he will hate and I will lose him
Bidemi: tumi if David really loves you then he will appreciate the truth and forgive you (she said to me) but I will never advise you to give in to a blackmailer and most especially his own brother, you can’t do exactly what Natasha did, so it’s better you tell him the truth
Me; but how am I to tell David
Bidemi: you just must summon up courage and tell him, then leave the rest to God. (I have never at once believed in god but as I am in this situation I just really need to have hope that if I tell David, he will forgive me)
Me: bidemi what he never wants to see me again
Bidemi: do you have faith in God (she asked) because you need to believe and have faith that god will touch David’s mind and he will not take it hard on you but you must be quick and go and tell him right now
Me: ok (I sighed as I was ready to do anything just to get Daniel away from blackmailing me)
Bidemi; are you ready tumi, I know you can do this but just have courage David is not a monster that he will swallow you up, remember that he loves you
Me: thank you bidemi(as I spoke we both heard a knock on the door and I became frightened, who could this be, Sharon would not return until the other morning, so who could it be)
Bidemi: who is that? (she shouted and the person outside answered)
Person: David is here to see tumi (as the person mentioned David’s name my heart skipped a bit and I became terrified, what was he doing here now? And most especially how am I going to face him, then my phone ranged and I saw that it was him calling but I was too terrified to pick the call)

Comments