buried under the rocks of lies (episode 4)

All through the car ride I did not speak to David as I was wondering why he really was, why he picked me up with a car and what is mission is in my life, the ride came over as stooped in front of a huge house with a big black gate and he horn at the gate twice before it was opened by the gate man, he then turned to me smiling
David: we are here (he said as he drove into the premises and he parked at the garage and came down to assist me down from the car and as I looked in front of me I was amazed by the magnificence of the hose before me, it was so big and majestic and I opened my mouth surprised but all of a sudden I remembered that he was a bike man and I recollected all my suspicions of him and I looked at him)
Me: David right (I said) what am I doing here?
David: (smiled) this is my house.
Me: what? (I exclaimed in shock) these house is yours (he nodded smiling)
David: let's go in, I will explain everything to you because I know that you have a lot of questions (he said as he looked at me and then offered to assist me into the house) just trust me please!
Me: (I just nodded though uncertain if I wanted to go into his house or if I can trust him but I sighed as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and  he carried me up and walked into the house and as he got into the house I saw a woman who stood up as we got in and she was with young lady of around maybe my age, David then lowered me to the flour)
David: please mum no comments for now (he said a little bit rudely to the elderly woman and I just looked on not understanding anything that was going on) let's go (he said this time around to me as he assisted me further into the house and up the stairs before taking me to a room, a beautiful room for that matter and he placed me on the bed as I searched through the beautiful room and I could tell that it belonged to  a boy from all the footballers pictures and football trophies, it was no doubt a boy's room, then I faced him squarely wanting to understand everything, he seemed to have read my mind because he replied to the question that was running through my mind)
David: yes I am not a bike man (he said and I looked at him with a more questioned look)
Me: then who are you and why did you help me? ( I asked anxiously but he only sighed and sat down beside me on the bed and faced me)
David: my name is david oyetunji odetola twenty three years old son of barrister odetola james ( he said to me) I helped up because I saw that you were in danger (he said but I only stared at him still suspiciously) but I am not a bad person if that’s what you think, I only want to help.
Me: you were a bike man and now you are the only son of a barrister, all these does not add up. (I said and he nodded before he turned his face away as thou he was ashamed of something) who are you? (I asked and he turned to me with a different face, he looked as thou he was sad as thou he was about to tell me something that was important to him and he looked at me and was about to speak, a lot of fears ran down my spinal cord as I looked at him ready to understand all about him)

david: i am really a bike man at least i was when you saw me. (he said and i gave him the go ahead look) i ran away from home several months ago and i swore that i will not return but i did because of you (what the f--k! he returned because of me, this guy is really crazy but sha let me listen and not go ahead of myself) i left all my riches and moved with and old friend of mine Matthew who lived in the ghetto, he introduced me to several jobs which i did so i could sustain myself and i have been living with him at the slumps before i met you tumininu. (i suddenly sprang up when he said my name and i became shocked as i never remembered telling him my name, i stared at him as he continued talking and did not notice the change in me)
me : how do you know my name ( i said and he stopped talking and faced me but he could not reply me, i saw that something was definitely something he was hiding from me) tell me how do you know my name, i never mentioned it to you ( i then stood up not minding my injured foot)
David: you can't stand up, your foot will get swollen (he stammered but i immediately got furious)
me: dam the f-----g foot, that is not the topic, i said how do you know my name. (i said but he did not reply me but just stared at the floor) answer me (i shouted at him)
David: i know your name because i searched through your things but i am really sorry. i just wanted to know more about you. (he said as i then heaved a sigh of relieve in my mind as he urged me to sit down which he did)
me: so you are just returning to your home now (i asked)
david: yes! (he said)
me: what made you to run away from home?
david: my mom's constant nagging about my behaviors made me to leave the house.
me: what behaviors? (i asked him)
david: a lot of bad behaviors that i began to exhibit when i returned from the states almost two years ago)
me: which state? ( i asked but he smiled)
david: united states of america (oh my god i can't still believe all these that i'm hearing) i was born in united kingdom but i was brought to Nigeria when i was of age three but i then left for the usa at the age of eleven for my education and i returned two years ago.
me: why did you decide to help me? i mean i am a total stranger
david: (he smiled) must i have a reason to help, i just felt like always protecting you ever since i set my eyes on you but i do not have any bad intentions and i only want to be your friend.
me: friends with someone you don't know?
david: i can get to know you can't i( he said as he smiled to me and for the first time i reciprocated by smiling too, the way i was feeling at that moment was incredible, i mean david is really so kind and so caring and no doubt i can say that he is like an angle sent from the creator to me, although i did not believe in the existence of god because to me he never existed, as if he did he will not have let all those things in my life to happen to me, i told david about myself, i told him everything but i just could not tell him all about mama d and the fact that i was a child s-x worker as i feared that if i told him i might lose him, we already became close at that moment, i urged him later to go and apologies to his mother and he did also did he promise her that he will not go back to his bad ways, he introduce his mother to me and also did he introduce the young lady to me as his sister damilola and she happened to be only a year older than i am he told them all about me and how we met and he mentioned that we were friends later that day when david left me in his room to rest, his mother came in)
david’s mum: how are you doing tumininu? (she asked as he smiled to me)
me: am doing well ma thank you
david’s mum: no i should thank you for bringing my son back to me and for changing him (she said) i have never seen him these happy ever since he returned from the states and i can see that you are the reason for all this jy in him (what the heck is the woman saying, but anyway i just have to listen) please do not stop been his friend
me: i will not ma
david”s mum: you can find a mother and a friend in me too tumininu, even though
you don’t have any parent i want you to see me as your mother (she said and i felt very glad within me, how long have i longed to see someone to call my mother.) always confide in me child and see this family as your own family.
me: thank you ma (i said with a grateful heart and the woman wrapped her arms around me in a hug and i felt loved for the very first time, well, i don’t want this to end this is the live that i always dreamed of, to have a family and now it slowly coming into reality, i don’t want to ever remember my past i just want to bury it away and start anew)

Comments