I left Abeokuta that night in a bus to Lagos and I arrived Lagos at the
early hours of the morning, upon getting down at begger, I looked around here I
was in a strange city, I did not know anyone and I have heard that lagos is a
very big city and it should even be called a country, I clung tightly to my
bag and my box as I looked around me, some taxies were calling out to me but
you no say person wey no know his destination he beta for that person to stay
where he be than make he get lost, sorry for the pidgin English there, I heard
the taxis calling places like idumota, ikeja, ogba, agege and I just stared at
them not knowing what next to do, I was lost in my thoughts when a bike man
approached me
bike man: sister where you dey go (he asked and I looked at him as thou he was speaking in tongues)
me: (I shook my head and whimpered a little no)
bike man: aunty you no fit stay here ooh, you supposed get where you dey go
me: really no thank you (I said hoping he will go away)
bike man: sister lagos na dangerous place for person like you
me: (a little bit angrily) abeg I say I no go, abi na by force ( I said not believing that I had actually said that and the man just withdraw himself and returned to the others, I then looked for a place I could sit and I bought two gala and a pure water sachet oh my god I was really hungry as you could tell from the way I rushed the gala, I stayed there for hours until it got into afternoon and I was still there)
my pov
I really need to go somewhere as I could see that people were moving suspiciously around me and the market traders were staring at me as if I was going to stay there forever, should I go to ikeja? ah but am not sure if I will get a place to stay but I really needed to move away from where I am (I stood up with my bags and walked on as far as I could go, as I was walking I noticed a group of boys sitting from my guessing they were garage boys and they looked somehow suspicious to me so I clung tightly to my belongings and walked faster but I saw that they all also stood up and followed me, at this time my heart was beating faster as I increased my walking and turned it into a form of little running but the boys did not stop following me and the before I knew what was happening they had gotten to me, and in fear I picked up race and they ran after me but then I tripped over on my left foot and they got to me and surrounded me
ist boy: oh girl you sabi run well oh (he said as he friends laughed)
another boy: wetin dey for her wey they make us chase her
ist boy: ( he reached for my box to collect it but I prevented him by using my bag to hit him but his friends retarded and used force to collect my bags but I did not stop trying to get my bags bag because if I should lose my money then I will be stranded so I fought back with all my might, at that moment I heard the sound of bikes and all of a sudden the boys all ran away leaving me and my bags and I quickly picked them and held then tightly to myself before I looked at who chased the boys off and I saw that same bike man that I had shouted at earlier and he came down from his bike and walked to me)
bike man: are you okay? (he spoke this time with a correct English making me to wonder if he was the one that I had earlier argued with) are you hurt? (he said waking me up from my thought and I shooked my head)
me: no m not hurt. thank you
bike man: no problem, let me help you up (he said as he offered to help me up but I denied and tried to get up on my own but I could not as I felt a strong pain from the leg that I had tripped with and I yelled out and almost stumbled but I was caught just in time by the bike man)
bike man: your leg is injured, you have to get it checked ( he said but I shook my head) please let me help you
me: no please
bike man: I insist( he said as he looked deep into my eyes and I did not know when I said ok and he helped me up on his bike before he also got on and rode on until after a long ride he came to stop at a little hospital, I read the name ST JOHN HOSPITAL seeing the name john made me to remember mama d’s son and what he had done with me, the man parked his bike in the hospital premises before he got down and carried me into the reception room, as the nurses saw me they ran to get a stretcher and I was laid upon it before I was wheeled to the consultation room and the bike man stood at the reception, I was checked by the doctor who gave me some drugs that relieved the pain on my leg and made me go to sleep, I woke up only to find myself in a ward and on looking at my leg I saw that my foot had been plastered in pop and it was hanged up, I looked around and saw other patients in there but I did not see the bike man, I then began to wonder where he was, did he abandon me here, I looked around and saw that my two bags were not there and immediately a cold shiver ran through my spinal cord and I became overwhelmed with anger, so he was a thief, he only helped me so he could steal my things, tears slowly began to form in my eyes as I thought of what next to do, my money and my belongings have disappeared and no doubt that the bike man was responsible for it, how am I going to get out of this and most especially why is all these happening to me?
bike man: sister where you dey go (he asked and I looked at him as thou he was speaking in tongues)
me: (I shook my head and whimpered a little no)
bike man: aunty you no fit stay here ooh, you supposed get where you dey go
me: really no thank you (I said hoping he will go away)
bike man: sister lagos na dangerous place for person like you
me: (a little bit angrily) abeg I say I no go, abi na by force ( I said not believing that I had actually said that and the man just withdraw himself and returned to the others, I then looked for a place I could sit and I bought two gala and a pure water sachet oh my god I was really hungry as you could tell from the way I rushed the gala, I stayed there for hours until it got into afternoon and I was still there)
my pov
I really need to go somewhere as I could see that people were moving suspiciously around me and the market traders were staring at me as if I was going to stay there forever, should I go to ikeja? ah but am not sure if I will get a place to stay but I really needed to move away from where I am (I stood up with my bags and walked on as far as I could go, as I was walking I noticed a group of boys sitting from my guessing they were garage boys and they looked somehow suspicious to me so I clung tightly to my belongings and walked faster but I saw that they all also stood up and followed me, at this time my heart was beating faster as I increased my walking and turned it into a form of little running but the boys did not stop following me and the before I knew what was happening they had gotten to me, and in fear I picked up race and they ran after me but then I tripped over on my left foot and they got to me and surrounded me
ist boy: oh girl you sabi run well oh (he said as he friends laughed)
another boy: wetin dey for her wey they make us chase her
ist boy: ( he reached for my box to collect it but I prevented him by using my bag to hit him but his friends retarded and used force to collect my bags but I did not stop trying to get my bags bag because if I should lose my money then I will be stranded so I fought back with all my might, at that moment I heard the sound of bikes and all of a sudden the boys all ran away leaving me and my bags and I quickly picked them and held then tightly to myself before I looked at who chased the boys off and I saw that same bike man that I had shouted at earlier and he came down from his bike and walked to me)
bike man: are you okay? (he spoke this time with a correct English making me to wonder if he was the one that I had earlier argued with) are you hurt? (he said waking me up from my thought and I shooked my head)
me: no m not hurt. thank you
bike man: no problem, let me help you up (he said as he offered to help me up but I denied and tried to get up on my own but I could not as I felt a strong pain from the leg that I had tripped with and I yelled out and almost stumbled but I was caught just in time by the bike man)
bike man: your leg is injured, you have to get it checked ( he said but I shook my head) please let me help you
me: no please
bike man: I insist( he said as he looked deep into my eyes and I did not know when I said ok and he helped me up on his bike before he also got on and rode on until after a long ride he came to stop at a little hospital, I read the name ST JOHN HOSPITAL seeing the name john made me to remember mama d’s son and what he had done with me, the man parked his bike in the hospital premises before he got down and carried me into the reception room, as the nurses saw me they ran to get a stretcher and I was laid upon it before I was wheeled to the consultation room and the bike man stood at the reception, I was checked by the doctor who gave me some drugs that relieved the pain on my leg and made me go to sleep, I woke up only to find myself in a ward and on looking at my leg I saw that my foot had been plastered in pop and it was hanged up, I looked around and saw other patients in there but I did not see the bike man, I then began to wonder where he was, did he abandon me here, I looked around and saw that my two bags were not there and immediately a cold shiver ran through my spinal cord and I became overwhelmed with anger, so he was a thief, he only helped me so he could steal my things, tears slowly began to form in my eyes as I thought of what next to do, my money and my belongings have disappeared and no doubt that the bike man was responsible for it, how am I going to get out of this and most especially why is all these happening to me?

Comments
Post a Comment
want to add anything, just comment in the message box, i'll sure go through it